Decisions, Decisions


 

Do you like to go shopping? I honestly have to admit that I am not a fan of shopping at all. Not even the little stuff.  The thought of trying on clothes in a store is not my idea of fun. At least not for myself. If I see something that someone else might want I think of them. For me, I'm so indecisive it's difficult to purchase things without some form of buyers remorse.  

Just recently my family needed to go shopping for a couple of things we haven't purchased in quite some time. The first of those being laptops.  My daughter needed one for college and I have wanted to update mine since starting my real estate career.   Laptop shopping is not what it used to be. Wow! It's like information overload.  I don't spend a lot of time reading about laptop lingo, lol.  There are so many choices, so many brands with loads of different options.  I went to the store a couple times and ended up leaving without a laptop, not sure which one to purchase.  Sales prices play a big role in our families' purchase decisions as well, I definitely like to get more bang for my buck.  I'm sure most people like to.  I have changed my views about being super cheap though.  When you have a small amount of time to get something done or you need whatever you purchase to last, it is definitely worth it to spend a little more. 

As for the laptops, we decided to go with the Lenovo Yoga C940(14"). It has the storage, size, speed and the perks we wanted. This laptop can also be used as a tablet, has a built in pen and you can write on it like a notebook. It has the capabilities to take your handwriting and convert it to typed notes as well.  This is great for me because my handwriting is not the greatest.  It's been about 2 weeks now and we are both very happy with our choice.  If you are considering purchasing a new laptop, check it out.  






The next thing on our shopping list was a grill.  We also struggled with the type of grill to purchase.



There are a ton of choices when it comes to those as well.  Honestly my husband and I haven't purchased a brand new grill since 2003.  I know, crazy right?  The last grill we had, we got from one of his buddies and we made it last a really long time just by repairing it when the parts went out.  Our previous long lasting grill was a Char-Broil.  So we thought, that thing lasted forever, we should get another one like it.  The problem was, when we went to the stores to check them out we didn't really like the styles they had.  You know how it is, to get used to something and want another one similar to what you had.  Well this went on for a couple months.  About 2 years ago, we thought about replacing the worn out grill, but decided against it.  Now we were completely unsure of which grill to purchase.  We finally just had to go and pick one.  I wanted to grill out so bad and we couldn't do it with the old trusty, now worn out Char-Broil. Almost everyday my husband was researching all the different grills and still couldn't decide.  We had checked out Lowes, Home Depot, Academy and most of the Wal-marts in this area.  The internet is full of information, some useful and most not.  In my opinion people will take more time to write a negative review than to take the time for positives.  Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of positives but when I have done research I have seen so many complaints about things.  I got to the point where I said screw the reviews lets just get a grill.  And finally, that is what we did! Yay!  I could not wait to have some grilled chicken. 



We met at the Wal-mart in Spring Lake one day to pick out the grill.  We decided on the Cuisinart Twin Oaks Dual Function Pellet and Gas Grill.  Now I'm not positive when we will use the pellet side of this thing but it looked pretty impressive.  I was recently told about the pellets being pretty good from a gentleman that I am working with to sell his home in Hope Mills.  He told me of the grill he bought and how much his family enjoyed the style of pellet cooking. He trusts me, so I trust him. 







Now this grill is like a Mack Daddy of grills to me.  This thing is huge and heavy.  Appears to be well made and putting it together took a couple hours to do.  I have to say, it does feel real sturdy and has some nice features that we like.  There is also a griddle piece you can use for cooking on as well.  We did also purchase the grill cover, the one that we had was not big enough to cover the new grill.  I know my husband was a little sad about this because he loves his UNC grill cover that we had.  If you find yourself in a position where you want to purchase a new grill, I really do like the way this one looks and operates.  I think hubby approves too!
Now granted, we have only grilled chicken at this point, but I can't wait to grill as much as possible as long as the weather stays nice and we get to keep at it.  If you have questions or comments, please post them I would love to hear from you!






Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happened to My Hershey's??!!

Take the Cape!

Why this Blog?